What You NEED To Know About the IUD
As a young woman in my twenties, I hear the term “IUD” quite frequently. I hear it at the doctor’s office, on commercials, and from my friends. Admit it, if you’re a young woman, chances are you have heard IUD more than once.
I recently realized that I hardly know anything about the IUD; I know vaguely that it is a device implanted to prevent pregnancy, but that’s about it. So I did some research and here’s what I found:
- IUD stands for intrauterine device. It is a T-shaped device inserted into the uterus by a physician.
- The ParaGaurd IUD contains copper and lasts up to 12 years. The hormonal IUD releases progestin and can last between three and five years. They are both made of out plastic.
- The chemicals released in the hormonal IUD alter the lining and fluid in your womb. So any new human being (a newly formed embryo) will not be able to attach to his mother, therefore dying in a silent abortion.
- The IUD can cost up to $1,000 and it does not protect you from STDs.
- Side effects include ovarian cysts, the device becoming embedded in the uterus, heart damage, pelvic infection, endometrial or cervical cancer, a significant increase in blood pressure, pelvic pain, and more…
Just the basic facts scared me. This device literally releases added hormones or copper into your body. To me, that is terrifying.
Then we see that the IUD is said to “prevent pregnancy,” but it can actually cause an abortion. I am beyond terrified now.
Once I learned the facts, I sought to learn people’s thoughts. Do other people know the complications tied to the IUD? Yes, some do. Former Planned Parenthood employee Abby Johnson confirmed that IUDs were inserted into women a few days pregnant, causing an abortion. She also witnessed a woman present at her clinic with abdominal discomfort. When they pulled out her IUD they found an estimated 9-week-old baby attached to the end of it. Again this is a device that supposedly “prevents pregnancy.”
So now I turned to Twitter to see what other women had to say about their experience with the IUD. Terrifying is too timid of a word to use to describe their stories:
When you get an IUD & it feels like labor all over again. 🙃
— Diajhez (@diajhez) February 22, 2016
listen to me when i say this: DO NOT EVER GET AN IUD
— gutter witch ✨ (@julianneprez) February 22, 2016
I shouldn’t have to take an Aleve every morning with this IUD😥 I should feel normal ☹️
— my name is….. (@doitlikeFELTRA) February 22, 2016
So, in addition to the facts, you have the testimony of people who experienced these problems firsthand. Is putting your health in jeopardy or taking the life of your child worth it just so guys can have carefree sex with you? You are a child of God and He loves you immensely. To Him, you are invaluable. Your baby is invaluable. Don’t risk your baby’s life or your life by inserting this device in your body. Remember, your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, and you are worth more!