8 Typical ‘Dad Moves’
Whether you’re in high school, college, or a grown adult, you know there have been times when either your dad or a dad you know pulled a typical “dad move.”
What do I mean by dad move? Since no one dad is the same, it could mean a lot of different things. It could be the way he is always there for you when you break an appliance. It could be the sweet or tender moments he infuses into your day when you least expect it—like complimenting you on a new outfit. It could be the supportive hug when he hears about an unplanned pregnancy. Or it could be the silly pranks he plays on his family.
Whatever it is, think about how your dad or granddad has touched your life and how he makes you feel unique and loved.
We asked many of you about these special qualities and have compiled eight of the most popular dad moves. So in honor of the dads and granddads out there who protect and care for their families, we want to share the truly great things they’ve done to express their love.
1. Teaching me to get back up when I fall down (physically or emotionally)
2. Fixing the things in my house I always seem to break
3. Calling my full name slowly when I was in trouble as a kid
4. Buying all the junk food when mom sent him grocery shopping
5. Pranking the ever living heck out of me
6. Terrifying my date and embarrassing me in high school
7. Beginning any childhood story with “In the good old days”