5 Things You Need to Hear When Stressed
How stressed do you get during finals week? How about when paying school loans? Or when your rent is due? Or when you discover an unplanned pregnancy?
Let’s face it. Our lives are filled with stressors. Some happen to be smaller than others, like forgetting to take a pen to class. Some carry larger burdens, like not being able to pay a large bill or a mother wondering how she can care for a baby from an unplanned pregnancy. No matter what the situation is, every human being has things in life that causes stress.
When the stress and anxiety have gotten the best of your emotions, take a step back, take a deep breath, and relax. Then read and reflect upon these five Bible verses that will help ease your mind when you start feeling overwhelmed.
1. “When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul.” -Psalm 94: 19
2. “Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.” -Proverbs 12:25
3. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea” -Psalm 46:1-2
4. “Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
5. “Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” -Isaiah 40: 30-31
When reading these, reflect upon the words. Find one that speaks to you and write it somewhere easy to find next time you feel stressed. Finally, put your faith in God, for it is through Him that you will draw strength.